YE2730A measurement is quick, and easily made with a minimum of training required. Specimens of a variety of sizes and shapes can easily be accommodated and measured. For example, the d33 value of disks, blocks, rings, tubes, and semispherical shells can be easily measured on the Model YE2730A d33 meter. The direct d33 value readout is displayed on a 3 1/2 inch digital meter. This instrument is invaluable as a tool for quality assurance of piezoelectric materials, production in-line inspection, or for research applications.
D33 Range: x 1 range: 10 to 2000 pC/N
x 0.1 range: 1 to 200 pC/N
Accuracy: x 1 range: ±2% of the d33 value in 100 to 2000 pC/N
±5% of the d33 value in 10 to 200 pC/N
x 0.1 range: ±2% of the d33 value in 10 to 200 pC/N
±5% of the d33 value in 1 to 20 pC/N
Resolution: x 1 range: 1 pC/N
x 0.1 range: 0.1 pC/N
Force: Frequency: 110Hz Amplitude: 0.25N
Indicates polarity on upper face of test element in compression.
(- sign means negative, no sign positive)
Shunt Capacitance: 1 pF (for x 1 range)
pF (for x 0.1 range)
Dimensions: Force Head: 110x140mm Chassis: 280x200x90mm
Weight: Force Head: 3 kg Chassis: 2 kg
Power: 110/220V, 50/60Hz, 20W
FRONT PANEL OVERVIEW
1. D33 Range Key: Chose from x1 or x0.1. Pushing down ( x 0.1), the measuring range is from 10 to 2000 pC/N, the resolution is 1pC/N for normal piezo material such as piezoceramics. Pushing up (x1), the measuring range is 1 to 200 pC/N, the resolution is 0.1pC/N for low piezoelectric constant material such as piezo crystal.
2. Force and D33 Key: Pushing down the force light is on. The digital display show the force put on the simple by the shaker. The display should show at (250 ±10) x 10-3 N. If the force is too high or too low ( > 250 ± 20) x 10-3 N. You have to turn the knob of the shaker screw for adjusting the clamping force on the test sample.
3. 3 1/2 digital display shows the force put on the test ample or the D33 value of the test sample. The display indicates polarity on the upper face of the test element in compression. (- sign means negative, no sign positive )
4. The power switch turns on the display and displays light of force or D33 will turn on.
Zero adjust screw: adjust this screw can get system balance for high accuracy measuring result. ( see calibration )
BACK PANEL OVERVIEW
1. Output plug: Three pins plug is connected with the shaker to supply shaker power, let shaker can output 110 Hz and 0.25 N force.
2. Input put plug: Eight pins plug is connected with the shaker pick up the signal from the shaker.
AC power plug: AC 60/50 Hz, 110/220 Volt AC plug with 0.5A Fuse for 110V AC power, 0.25A for 220V AC power supply. Before plug-in AC power Please check local AC power voltage, and meter AC voltage set up.
1. knob: Turn the adjusting knob drive the top probe up or down. The test sample will be clamped between the top probe and the bottom probe. Do not crew the sample too tight.
2. Top and Bottom probe transfer signal from the test sample to the measuring system, and hold the sample driving the sample vibration.
3. Output and Input connector: Three input pins plug is connected with the meter to supply shaker power. Eight pins output plug is connected with the meter sent the signal to the meter.
Setup and Calibration
1. Connected the meter input and output plug with shaker output and input plug by the two cables supplied with the system.
2. Turn on the meter for 15 minutes, Put the standard test sample between the up and bottom probes.
3. Turn the Force and D33 switch to Force. The meter readout should be (250 ±10)x10-3 N. If not just the probes knob. Keep the meter readout is (250 ±10) x 10-3 N.
4. Turn the Force and D33 switch to D33. The meter readout should be close to the D33 value of the standard test sample. Write down the value of the meter displayed for D1. Then turn the test sample 180°, measure the sample again. The meter will show opposite polarization and the D33 value for D2. If the two value is different D1¹D2, calculate the D3 by (D1 + D2) x 0.5. Using the Zero point adjust knob get the meter display show the D3 value. Now the test sample negative and positive value should be same.
5. Adjust back panel calibration screw, let the meter display show the same value as the standard test marked.6. The manufacture already calibrates before the meter shipping out. But you need recalibrate begin to use or every month.
1. Put the test parts between the two probes. The probes clamp as close to the parts center as possible. Turn the probes adjust knob lightly clamp the test parts. Do not too tight clamp the parts. When the meter display is stable show the value good enough. If clamp too tight too loose will impact the test result.
2. If you want to measure the same thickness parts, you can just push lightly down the bottom probe then change the test parts. Do not need adjust the knob.
3. Two different shape probe heads are supplied with the meter. We recommend using the corn shape probe head to measure most samples. Only measuring big size with flat suffice sample, one of flat probe head can be put on the bottom probe.
4. When measuring large capacitance sample, the meter readout value need modification. If not, the accuracy will be more than 1%. Following equation be used to calculate the true value.
D33 (modified)= D33(Display) x ( 1+Cc ) For switch on ” x1 ”
D33 (modified)= D33(Display) x ( 1+10Cc ) For switch on ” x0.1 ”
Cc = capacitor of sample ( mF )
CALCULATE e33 AND G33
The relative dielectric constant e33= (T´C)¸(e0´S)
T = The thickness of the sample (m)
S = The area of simple electrode(m2)
C= The capacitance of the sample (F)
e0= 8.85 x 10-12 F/m
The Piezo voltage G33 = D33 ¸ e33